Woodway Medical Centre has made the decision that from 1st July 2020 our patients will be able to use NHS Prescription Ordering Direct (POD), the new service set up by the Medicines Optimisation Team, Coventry and Rugby and Warwickshire North Clinical Commissioning Groups.
The NHS POD will provide a method for patients to order their repeat prescriptions, enabling them to take control of their own repeat medication requirements
Please click here for the POD page on the CCG website. There is access to FAQ’s for our patients and also an online call back request form. Patients can also text a number to request a call back by texting REPEAT WOODWAY to 07903586972.
There are several ways to order prescriptions:
- Order online via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration prior to using the service.
- By phoning our prescription order line the POD on 02476 246072. This is answered Monday - Friday between 08:00 and 17:00. Please note only prescription requests will be taken on this line.
- By posting your request to us and including a stamped, addressed envelope so that we can post it back. You need to allow ample time for this given that post does not always arrive in a timely fashion.
- By posting your request into our external post box by the front gate or into the post box on the reception desk
- By faxing your request through on 02476 604173
- By emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via the NHS App
Please allow two full working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information about electronic prescribing services.
Pharmacy Collection Service
Your pharmacist may collect your prescription for you if you ask them to, but we will only accept prescription requests from you (or your carer).
We do not accept requests for prescriptions from pharmacies.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once every six months to review their regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip advising you of your review date. Please ensure that you book your appointment for your prescription review in good time otherwise you may run out of your medication.
Once your review date has expired further prescription cannot be issued without authorisation by the GP or Practice Nurse.
If there is anything you do not require on your prescription please tell the receptionist so that she can remove it. It is illegal for anyone other than the surgery to alter your prescription so please ask us before you leave the surgery.