Please allow two full working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
There are several ways to order prescriptions:
- Order online via the link at the top of this page. New users are required to complete a simple registration prior to using the service.
- By phoning our prescription order line on 02476 612110 option 2. This is answered Monday - Friday between 09:30 and 12:30 only. Please note only prescription requests will be taken on this line.
- By posting your request to us and including a stamped, addressed envelope so that we can post it back. You need to allow ample time for this given that post does not always arrive in a timely fashion.
- By posting your request into our external post box by the front gate or into the post box on the reception desk
- By faxing your request through on 02476 604173
Pharmacy Collection Service
Your pharmacist may collect your prescription for you if you ask them to, but we will only accept prescription requests from you (or your carer). We do not accept requests for prescriptions from pharmacies.
Electronic Prescription Service
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is a service which is now available from Woodway Medical Centre It gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to the place you choose to get your medicines or appliances from. See details under the separate tab above.
If there is anything you do not require on your prescription please tell the receptionist so that she can remove it. It is illegal for anyone other than the surgery to alter your prescription so please ask us before you leave the surgery.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once every six months to review their regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip advising you of your review date. Please ensure that you book your appointment for your prescription review in good time otherwise you may run out of your medication.
Once your review date has expired further prescription cannot be issued without authorisation by the GP or Practice Nurse.